Friday, February 8, 2008

North Carolina-Duke Thoughts



First off, I'd like to welcome everyone to my blog. My name is Mark Cooper and many people know me as knuckleballerMC in forums, or nuckingfuts3691 on AIM. I've been thinking about starting a blog for some time now, since I'd love to pursue journalism in college. The hardest part was coming up with the name, but I feel that it's a good one.


As I am a giant member of the North Carolina Tar Heel faithful, Wednesday's defeat at the hands of rival Dook was upsetting (yes, thats how I will always spell the Dookies name). I am not the sore losing UNC fan that I have seen so many of, because I thought the refs were bad both ways. Neither team got a huge edge in the calls. This is hard for me to say, but Dook outplayed us.


Sure, Ty Lawson's absence was a factor. The deciding factor, as this group of crazed Dook haters and uneducated Tar Heel fans (not faithful) would try to convince you to believe? Not in my book. Lawson wasn't going to put Ellington and Green's 19 missed FG's in the basket. He wasn't going to play defense on all 5 Dookies. If Lawson is on the court and Ellington + Green have their average games, we're heading towards the #2 rank. I'm not at all a fan of Danny Green, but we'll save that for a later post.


Kudos to Memphis on whooping SMU and remaining undefeated. I see 34-0 in their future, this team seems focused enough and they have some very special athletes.


Less than a week til Yankees pitchers and catchers! I can smell baseball season coming!

No comments: