Friday, February 15, 2008

What a Show!

If you're into modern rock and Finch is nearby, go check them out. The opening bands weren't anything special, but Finch put on a great show. I had a great time and so did my friends, and I actually ran into an old soccer teammate. Check them out online too.

Also, I noticed a very interesting post on PeteAbe's Blog about Jorge Posada supporting Roger Clemens. Posada was a longtime battery mate of Clemens and may be a little bias in his opinion, but this is what he had to say:

“I’m supportive,” Posada said. “He says he never took it and I’m behind him 100 percent. Rocket is one of my favorite teammates ever. It doesn’t take anything away from what he did. For me, he’s the best pitcher I ever caught and it doesn’t change that.”

Even though it's hard to believe McNamee, it's even harder to believe the Rocket. We'll probably have some even better quotes when Andy shows up on Monday.

Tonight's a slow night in college basketball, as most Friday's are. Other then Ivy League games, there are 6 D-I teams playing tonight (including 2-22 North Florida). One of the games involves 2 ranked teams, but the others aren't anything special. I'm from Capital Region New York, home of the Siena Saints (MAAC), so since there isn't much else I'll predict the one MAAC game tonight as well.

#24 Pittsburgh (19-5, 7-4 Big East) at #25 Marquette (17-6, 7-5 Big East); 9pm EST (ESPN): Although it's the only ranked game tonight, it should be a very good one, as these are two solid teams jockeying for position in the Big East standings. This one should come down to the wire (even without Levance Fields), but I think that Dominic James and co. should pull it out.

My Prediction: Marquette 66-63

Marist (15-10, 9-5 MAAC) at Manhattan (9-15, 3-11 MAAC): Manhattans in a rebuilding mode after having a few years near the top of the MAAC, and Marist is on an upswing. The Red Foxes are sitting 3rd in the MAAC, behind Rider and those Siena Saints. This Marist team is much better then their record shows, and I think they'll prove it tonight.

My Prediction: Marist 68-58

Last Night: 2-1
Season: 16-7

No comments: