Tuesday, March 25, 2008

March Is As Mad As Its Ever Been

What a weekend. I'm still amazed at how March Madness can captivate the sports world the way it does. We had the upsets, the chalk, and it's all mixed now. We had the great finishes, great offense, great defense, bad defense, cold shooting, a little of everything. I'll try to come up with some of the things I've noticed.

The old adage that guard play wins in March isn't as true as it maybe once was. Perhaps a prime example is the Dookies, a team with great guard play but no big man. They could barely get past Belmont, and West Virginia was much too strong.

Villanova will be very, very good next year. I didn't see them play much during the year, but they have looked great for a team full of underclassmen. Jay Wright has done a great job helping them advance to the Sweet 16. They will be right in the thick of the Big East title race next year.

North Carolina won't lose. I may be bias, but I don't see how they can be stopped. The only team that I think can keep up with them is UCLA (+ the refs). Wayne Ellington has figured things out, and we are seeing the best of Ty Lawson. Add in the model of consistency (Psycho T), and thats the ingredients for the National Championship.

I'll have some predictions for the upcoming weekend probably tomorrow. I should be updating this blog more and more frequently, and we'll be turning towards a more baseball focused site.



No comments: