Sunday, March 9, 2008

Tar Heel Nation; Rejoice

Last nights North Carolina-Dook game was perhaps the most intense non-NCAA Tournament game I've ever watched. I was only watching it at home and I had the adrenaline flowing from start to finish.

How about Danny Green? The one Tar Heel I've written off plays the game of his life. Seven blocks! Could anyone have predicted Danny Green getting seven blocks? He also came up with a big slam over Greg Paulus in the first-half, and delivered a quote that I'm sure the Tar Heel Faithful chuckled at. "It felt good, man," Green said. "There's a lot of people in the country that don't like Greg Paulus. I'm pretty sure they were pretty happy watching that."


The defense was spectacular. Fifteen blocks, and the deemed weakness of the Tar Heels was what won the game over the final five minutes.

I saw the Dook comeback coming, just like everyone else in the Tar Heel Nation probably did. Kudos to the guys for staving it off and bringing the ACC Championship to where it rightfully belongs, Chapel Hill, NC.


In personal news, the application for the New Visions Journalism program will be mailed out tomorrow. I feel I have the essays perfected and have never felt so strongly about wanting something like I do with this program.

No comments: