Saturday, March 22, 2008

Nothing Beats March Madness

This has to be the most exciting weekend in the sports world. The first two rounds, filled with great games and Cinderellas. The next two days will be just as exciting, and how about Friday's upsets.

My pick for this years George Mason, the hometown Saints of Siena, blew out the Commodores in a game that wasn't even close. I like their chances to advance past Villanova and square off with the Jayhawks in the Sweet 16.

A couple more things I've noticed that could continue:

Butler is really good. Much better then the 7 seed they were given. I think this could be a team that runs to the Elite Eight.

The Pac-10 is not nearly the best conference in the country. I think the Big XII is making a great showing, with 5/6 teams moving on. But it shouldn't be a question that the Big East is at the top.

Look for these upsets in the second round...

Butler beats Tennessee
West Virginia beats Dook
Oklahoma beats Louisville
Marquette beats Stanford
Kansas State beats Wisconsin
Siena beats Villanova
Davidson beats Georgetown

I'm expecting 4 of those 7, at least.

Enjoy the day's festivities and I'll be back tonight.

No comments: