Friday, March 28, 2008

South Bracket

SOUTH

(3) Stanford (28-7, 13-5 Pac-10) vs. (2) Texas (30-6, 13-3 Big XII)

This is going to be a lot of the Lopez twins for Stanford. I'm expecting big things from Brook and a solid game from Robin. In a matchup of diverse styles of play, I think the slow-moving tempo of the Cardinal will win out. DJ Augustin and AJ Abrams form the best guard combo in the NCAA, but they won't be enough here.

Prediction: Stanford 73-67

(5) Michigan State (27-8, 12-6 Big Ten) vs. (1) Memphis (35-1, 16-0 C-USA)

I'm straying away from my original bracket here, as I think Memphis responds to all the criticism with a close win here. My feeling is Robert Dozier will have a HUGE game for the Tigers, and they'll make enough shots down the stretch to pull it out. For the Spartans, keep an eye out for freshman point guard Kalin Lucas, who is one of the more underrated diaper dandies in college basketball.

Prediction: Memphis 78-75


Congrats to my Tar Heels, one win away from a Final Four!

No comments: